Friday, March 02, 2007

Friday Catch-Up and Branding Decisions

It's FRIDAY!!! woooohoooo! Can you tell I'm happy? :-) Most M-F workers usually are and I'm no different. It actually was a very good day at work today... come to think of it, it was a very good week!
CMS 306
I've got a busy weekend ahead with heading out to eat tonight then tomorrow we have tickets for PPAC to see Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. I've got tons of homework to finish and lots of web type stuff to do.

This leads me to the place I'm at right now. I've been thinking alot about which direction to go head in, in terms of the website as far as a redesign and hosting options. I've been contacted by someone who would like to overhaul it, and need to find a new hosting service as I haven't been happy with mine since the summer. There is so much to think about... I KNOW it needs an overhaul and have it on my infamous TO DO list as I've outgrown my initial footprint in the online world, but it's scary to think of someone else doing it... (Don't we mothers usually have trouble letting go of our babies?)

Then, there is the cost factor. If I decide to host with the folks that do the web design it will cost me more than triple what I'm paying now BUT things will be done right. I'm also SOOO at a crossroads in terms of my "personal brand" since I've always been known in Patriot Nation as Mrs. B and most of my online presence has been as a Pats fan. Thus, kcardoza.com was born for all things NOT Patriots football. (Too bad karencardoza.com was already taken although it's just "parked" as of right now.) So, there's so much to think about with all of my things going on. Patriotworld.com for all things Tedy Bruschi and New England Patriots. The podcast show notes site, for links and blog, and this blog for my personal ramblings. I think that CC Chapman has the right idea with a blog in his name as the hub with all of his other things linked from there.. Oh yah... of course, I still plan on starting another non-football podcast which will add yet another dimension... yikes! So, I'm quite overwhelmed with the decisions right now and need to take some time to really think about the big picture.

Added a new blog to my list at right.. Christopher Penn of the Financial Aid Podcast started a personal blog this week as well.

Technorati Tags

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Christopher said...

You know, what drove my decision more than anything was the experience I had at PodCamp Toronto. So many people came up to me after my sessions with questions that I felt like I needed to let the internet marketing part of me have free rein elsewhere. The podcast site is great and is my continued primary focus, but between marketing and just wanting a playground to try stuff, I felt like it was time to let more of my identity out.

3/02/2007 10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home