Monday, March 12, 2007

Not a Fan...

...of the early switch to Daylight Savings Time! It's finally warmed up past freezing around here and I was all set (clothes laid out the night before and psyched up) to get out first thing in the morning for a walk or run, but awoke at 6:00AM and it was Pitch Black! I know that many people run in the dark but being a woman and someone who's always "plugged in" I'm not really comfortable with it from a safety sake.

I'm sure some people are liking the fact that it stays light later but for me, I treasure those early morning hours before the rest of the world (and my family) begin their days. When I belonged to a gym (and before I went through a period that I dreaded going into work and actually could get up at 4:30 AM,) I was there every morning at 4:45 getting my workout in before most people even got up. I still prefer to jump out of bed and into some workout gear and hit the pavement before doing anything else, and that's what I do all summer but during the school year, I have to get up early to do it.

So.. bottom line is, either I have to deal with the dark before school or wait until the afternoon to head out for awhile.

Technorati:

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home