Sunday, March 04, 2007

Sunday Plan of Attack

Putting the pedal to the metal this morning as I got up late (must have actually needed that sleep!) and it's already Sunday. Since we went to PPAC and also watched a movie last night, I didn't get a chance to work on any homework, podcast, or my website. So, today, I'll be trying diligently to stick to my list.

I don't need to start by saying that I'm going to actually make a To Do list because that goes without saying! That's just the kind o person that I am and it's how I wade through all of my busy days and live my life. There's something inherently pleasing to me to be able to actually cross something off (although I'm a check-marker not crosser-offer...)

The key for today though is to limit my time doing certain things so as to not get distracted and run out of time. Naturally, I'll underestimate how much time every task will take but at least I'm making a point to be cognizant of the fact that I've got a shortened day with an incredibly long list of things To Do.

Priorities for today:

* Finish and submit Assignment 1 in my HTML class (yes, it's about time that I finally learn how to actually code!)
* Write a letter of recommendation for summer camp grant for one of my students.
* Do some show prep (get the facts) for a podcast since there's been so much happening this free agency week.
* Actually record if I can find some quiet time in the house.
* Update my website with recent Patriots transactions.

Of course... the usual, laundry, cleaning, reading of email, scanning of blogs, etc. goes without saying.

I need to avoid the tremendous suck of my Google Reader then jumping over to the actual sites and clicking on every link that interests me. I literally could spend hours and hours bouncing from place to place reading to my heart's content. It's amazing how I can start out on one blog and end up miles away from where I started, and wonder where the hours went. I think I may have to even resort to setting a timer today and use my GR experience as my "break time" treat.

I'll give myself liberty with Twitter while working though since short messages won't be much to deter me but will keep me connected to my world.

So, with a full cup of coffee by my side, a load of laundry in the washer, podcasts in my ears, I'm jumping into my inbox first then will chip away at my list. Wish me luck!

Technorati:

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home