Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Stretches


I'm in the home stretch with work, with the school year winding down to dismissal on the 20th. Unfortunately, there's tons of things I still need to do before heading off for the summer. There are some major placement issues and meetings that have been on my mind a lot and decisions to be made. (Dealing with people, most specifically other people's children, and knowing that your decisions impact their lives is a big responsibility and is not one that I take lightly!) Just as in everything thing I do, I can't do a half-assed job so it's weighing on me.

We've also instituted and online IEP process using a service called TIENET and I have a few to do before the end of the year. Just finding time to sit down and figure it out and input everything has been a challenge. This is the time of the year for many field trips and twice this week I'll lose my prep period because the kids won't have Art. Add to that, the myriad of other issues and things that I do on my prep and I'm getting behind the 8 ball. I've been taking them home every night but haven't been able to sit down to work on them during "my time".

Part of the reason for that is because I've been having back pain with my sciatica acting up so I've been mostly offline this week. I've also been busy with my class and catching up on lots of reading relating to Autism. I've also been out of touch with the social media world pretty much over the past couple of weeks. I've got a ton of things to think about and do, and need to sit down with a pen and paper (yes, lists still work best for me the old fashioned way) and prioritize. I've got many things that need my attention but definitely need the back to cooperate to allow me to sit here for any length of time.

Off to work now, and deciding whether or not to call the doctor. (I've been able to sit long enough to make this post so perhaps it's waning.) It's a very busy week both in school and out, and Kelsea graduates on Monday so there's a party to plan and prepare for as well, not to mention the usual house and yard work, and exercise.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home