Saturday, September 09, 2006

Season's Change....

Whew! Just where DID that summer go?? This certainly has been a quick one and a superbusy one at that... Quite emotional... seasons change.. and we're right back to school again.

I planned on blogging straight on through but hey... life gets it the way I guess. It was a very unique summer to say the least. We got out of school extremely late, then I worked for two weeks in July which was very intense and involved quite a commute. My brain hurt during those weeks.... and I was totally spent in more ways than one. July brought my favorite weather, HHH, and I spent just a small bit of time in my usual summer mode of hanging around here keeping up on the laundry, house and yard work.. then all of a sudden, I was at Patriots Training Camp every day!

Once camp started, it meant multiple trips back and forth to Gillette and an increased intensity with back to back double sessions for the first time since they moved camp from Bryant a few years back. It was tons of work this year and many nights I only got 2-3 hours sleep trying to keep it all together with the reports, website and podcasts... Weather was gorgeous...just the way I like it.. and I sported my "summer uniform" of shorts, flip flops, tank top for most of the summer except when I donned a Bruschi Jersey to head to camp.

Once camp finished, we immediately headed to NH for our vacation... I was incredulous at the speed in which the summer flew by and felt like I hadn't even relaxed yet and totally stressed over knowing that once that week was over it was back to school and the grind for me. Unfortunately, I was a total wet blanket there... unable to do the one thing that I enjoy the most about Abakee, park myself on the dock with a book in the sun to veg out for a solid week. The weather was cold and windy which didn't lend itself to beach weather.. It was GREAT to have the whole family (minus just one) together for the week but after just a couple of days of sitting around I was antsy and wanted to come home... I felt unconnected from everything without having easy access to the internet, I began thinking about all the things that I needed to do at school and home and just had too much down time to sit around and do nothing... Total Culture shock for someone who's used to having so much on her plate. Not surprisingly I had a real bad "let down" migraine for the first time in about a year... sigh...

Once we got home, we had the Redskins game that night, a wedding the next day and I've been back to school since... Thankfully, I have a great class at school this year and although scheduling things are just getting worked out now, it's been a pretty smooth opening...

So, some parts of me are ready for fall, routine, football and normalcy, other parts of me are unsatisfied as my favorite time of the year has come to an end... so many things that I yearn for and things left undone. Looking back, there were many things to be thankful for and I've grown this summer.... my goal of losing 10 pounds was met and exceeded as I lost 15 when I took up running again and made good choices for me... I've met incredible people and am thankful for all of those friends who touch my life and make me smile... I have the most awesome family and am so lucky to love and be so loved... sigh....

And now, I'm off to Jake's first high school football game in a little while and Al is just about touching down halfway across the globe, spending time with much of family in Madeira.. It should be a very different couple of weeks for me.. going solo, not something that I'm used to. Tomorrow is opening day of the Pats and I'll be together with my cronies... seasons change... but some things don't!

One thing is for certain... I love life and all it has to offer and I'm glad to be a "feeling" person rather than a numb person, even if feeling isn't always easy... and I'm taking it on Full Tilt Full Time (just like my boys Zip and Tedy B!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home