Sunday, April 16, 2006

Ahhh....Springtime

Happy Easter everyone!

I'm breathing a sigh of "ahhhhhhhhh" for many small but collectively great reasons:
It doesn't take much to make me happy sometimes. Here it is Easter Sunday morning and here are some little things making me smile:

The sun is out and I've got clothes on the line... the smells of summer and the promise that it's right around the corner.

A spotless house... just because I've been home since Friday and have been able to keep on top of every bit of clutter and such that inevitably ends up on counters and the kitchen table.

Getting caught up on my class assignments....I'm aiming to do an assignment every two days during this vacation week to get ahead and put myself in great shape coming down the stretch for the end of the school year.

Looking forward to a week to get some yard work done and getting my hands in the earth. Working in the garden is therapeutic for me and is something that I totally enjoy when I have the time to keep on top of the weeds. I'm anticipating my first garden bouquet of the season which will continue throughout the summer.

Making plans to tackle that garage and spare room and getting rid of "stuff". I've found that I have far too much of it and need to downsize. It should be a liberating experience.

Reading some fiction every night before bed... it's just a little thing but making the time to do it and actually getting it done is a good thing for me!

Hitting the pavement and breathing in the fresh air and being thankful that I'm able to do it.

Thanking God every day and night for my family. I'm truly blessed with a great partner and two wonderful children. They are such good kids...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home