Monday, September 11, 2006

This Ol Bod :-)

First off... It's hard to believe that it's been 5 years since 9/11... Like most Americans I can recall the exact moment when I heard...We were at school and I had to try to explain the unexplainable to a group of special needs kids. Not an easy task to do, to re-assure them that they were safe and would be ok, when even the adults were frightened and so very sad. Taking a moment to take inventory and be thankful for each and every day...

So, I'm a few days into being alone with Al overseas... I spent Saturday at Jacob's game and worked around the house and yard waiting for The World Travelers to call home and let us all know that they made it safe and sound. The call didn't come until Saturday evening and everyone is fine and Al said it's very HOT there. Saturday was actually gorgeous here as well... 80s!

The game yesterday went well and Jake and I pulled it off in terms of the tailgate and getting everything done. It was nice to be back with the regular crew and a Pats win (no matter how ugly) is always welcome!

Today is cool and feels like fall... (last night was actually cold... 40s!) I'm not ready for that yet!! Just got back from a nice double loop run in the Monastery on the trails there... As I was running I was thinking about how lucky I am to have this 42 year old body that treats me so well... Granted the bod doesn'tlook like the one I've had my whole life but honestly.. it still works really well! I'm so lucky to be so healthy and able to do most everything. I've especially been thinking about this as a very good friend's wife is having health issues and even in my own immediate circle I have loved ones that have so many things going on all the time. Short of the rare migraine and occasional cold sore... I'm healthy as a horse. (Geesh... I really should be quiet lest I jinx myself... ) But, seriously... I might only even get one cold every couple of years...

Of course, I DO try to take care of myself and my biggest sin is my daily can of Diet Coke but I'm very lucky to be free from many of the things that others have to deal with on a daily basis... Thank you, God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home