Sunday, March 25, 2007

Splinters and Twitters

Up and at em early today as I've got Lily's Birthday party at noon and of course.. the anti-shopper has to stop at Old Navy this morning because she doesn't have a gift yet. (In all fairness, I did TRY yesterday but couldn't find anything that I liked.) Yesterday, I ended up working in the yard all afternoon and have completely cleaned out all of the winter brush and dead stuff from last season.
mar24
Unfortunately, my hands are full of mini splinters and since waking up this morning, my body is doing its best to expel the little buggers. Thus, my hands are covered with red puffy bumps and it's hard to type. (Reminder to self: Next Time Wear Gloves!)

I didn't spend much time online yesterday as a result of my yardwork, and also because I was running errands to get Jake ready for his Freshman Frolic (yes.. he's a last minute type just like his mother.) I most definitely spent the most time "unplugged" than I have in a long time.
misc07 046

We all know I'm totally into Twitter and use it for fun but also to keep up with what's going on. Too bad I missed this little impromptu Twitter-fest in Second Life but opted instead to spend some time in Real Life watching movies with my husband on a Saturday night. I'm sure there will be more and I'll be in the right place at the right time :-) I also missed out on a Matthew Ebel double header but I HAVE caught all of his SL shows in the past couple of week so I'm still ahead of the game.

Just downloaded and installed a handy dandy Twitter sidebar from Mike Demers called Tweetbar which will keep me up on the happenings without needing to toggle bag and forth between Firefox tabs. It's especially good since it appears that the IM capabilities with gTalk have been in a state of "down at the moment" permanently.

Well, time to hit the road and fight the Sunday shoppers before taking off to spend some time with the little ones for the afternoon. It'll be nothing but Homework (and catching up with tweets and stuff) for me when I get home.

Technorati:

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home