Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Weekend Update


Seems like it's been forever since my last post and yes, I've had quite a busy time of it since. I spent Thursday and Friday at the PECS training which cut my time at home short. I did get my hands on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows as soon as it was released! My initial plan was to hit up BJ's when it opened on Saturday morning but someone mentioned going to Stop and Shop at midnight (rather than Borders) to avoid the crowd. Lo and behold, I was in line at 11:54 and was HOME by 12:15! Rather than jump right in though, I chose to re-read the last 5 chapters of book 6 to get up to snuff. As of right now I'm up to chapter 12 (and I know that friends are dying to discuss it with me but I've been swamped and haven't had much time to read... I'm trying!)

On Saturday, Kelsea and I took the train to Boston to deliver a sewing machine to a friend who needed to borrow it. There were plenty of HP7's to be seen that day for sure. We met up with Kroosh and Whitney, had lunch and spent a couple of hours talking New Media and enjoying each others' company. Saturday night was all about Bella and trying to squeeze in some reading.



On Sunday, Al and I went with MJ and Louie on the Bay Queen for a brunch cruise to Newport. None of us had ever been on it before and had a great time. The weather couldn't have been more perfect that's for sure. I was so hot walking around the shops that I decided to look for a pair of shorts.. I found a pair of striped Bermudas in my size but a look at the price tag of $168 and I decided that sweating in long pants wasn't that bad after all!

Al's anxiously awaiting the return of his boat from the repair shop (took in for an initial tune up, etc.) and wants to give it a whirl (or two) before carting it up to New Hampshire in August. My life has been all about Bella, trying to get technical stuff done on the websites and blogs in anticipation of Training Camp starting this Friday, and doing physical therapy for my back. (Of course, the usual MommyCab and Cinderella duties never cease and are just part of everyday life.)

Unfortunately, Bella is going to need surgery to repair her Cherry Eye and her consult is next week. I'm worried about the timing of surgery because of our vacation but I'll have to cross that bridge when we get there. She's doing well except for her backslide with the housebreaking. She goes every time we head out (multiple times) but still pees on the floor whenever she wants. She was doing pretty well with going out on a schedule, every time she woke up and after eating and play but I guess I loosened the reins too soon on the amount of area in the house that she's got access to that now she's peeing all over my parlor. Ironically, even if she goes out and pees outside, she'll still do the "big one" in the house within a few minutes. Time for me to go back to square one and not give her opportunity to make that mistake. But for now... pure bliss....

Technorati Tags:

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger chel.pixie said...

Hurry up, friend. I'm tapping my foot now. :P

7/25/2007 3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home