Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Riches...

I just found this in with some of my old school stuff and had forgotten all about it. When I was taking my Language Arts teaching methods we had to be writers ourselves and write every day. While my financial situation has changed over the years, my undying love for my babies hasn't.....

Riches

Diamonds and furs
I've not got.
Nor boats,
Nor cars,
Nor condos.
No Caribbean cruises,
No dining out,
No designer labels.
My vast fortune
Cannot be measured
In carats, stocks or acreage.
Dollars and cents
Cannot compare
To:
Sticky kisses, just because.
Spontaneous "I love you's."
Hearing "Mom, I'll read to you."
Hugs around the knees.
Dance recitals,
Soccer games,
Swimming under water.
Bedtime snuggles,
No training wheels,
Making boo-boos better.
Fishing trips,
Library books,
Six hands in the kitchen.
All of these things
And many more,
Make up
My priceless treasure.

(Thank you Kelsea and Jacob for making me feel like the richest person on earth. Mommy loves you both beyond measure!)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home