Friday, July 06, 2007

Website and Puppy Tales

Time already seems to be flying, having the 4th come and go. We had a last minute cook-out and although the weather wasn't hot, it was comfortable enough and the rain held off until the evening hours.

I made a decision this week and moved my website to Bluehost. (As of this posting, I'm waiting for the propegation of the nameservers so it's down.) I had to go through major gyrations to get my old host to release the domain name so that I could renew it at GoDaddy. It's finally done as of today. I've also been playing around and learning how to install some wordpress blogs on my domain but the education started from ground zero. Although I've had a website for 5 years, using Frontpage allows you to do it without really knowing anything! I've never had to deal with FTP and directories and such. Special thanks to patient friends who have been available to get me on my way... and also here's to perseverance and google when I needed to figure some things out for myself.

It's been really difficult getting much done because Bella is quite active and I need to be with her most of her waking hours. It's much like having an infant; I only get things done when she's napping. More puppy tale updates to follow, but in short, she specifically has a hyper/nippy time after dinner which lasts for a couple of hours... (sort of the equivalent of those after-dinner colicky babies.) She gets all riled up and wants to play rough. She also will run at super high speed after a ball with ears flapping in the wind...hehe..

I can't wait until she can start going for walks... I'd love to tire her out with a good brisk walk after dinner. Two problems there though: she's still too little for even the smallest harness to fit her without her being able to tuck her chin and bite the harness and even worse, she turns her head sharply and bites the leash and tries to play tug-of-war. I definitely don't encourage any of those kinds of games or aggressive play. Trying to disengage the leash results in growls and head shaking. So, I'm trying to bait her by offering something appropriate and desired and giving the "Drop it" command so she'll let go and take the treat along with praise for listening.... Every day is an adventure. Right now, I've had to dim all the lights and observe quiet time to move to mellow mode to get ready for bed.


She's been having more and more pee accidents in the house, even if she's just been out and has gone a few times. She totally loves to be outside and is set on investigating everything out there, happily squatting along the way. She's starting to do the same thing in the house..... sigh... even though I praise her like crazy when she goes outside and does the right thing. So, it's hard to take my eyes off her when she's awake to prevent all of those yellow rivers...

Technorati Tags:

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home