Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas


Ahhh.... Christmas morning.. one of my most favorite days of the year! With all of the shopping and visiting behind me, I savor Christmas morning to just drink coffee and relax. In the past it meant snuggling up with a book and I still do enjoy that but these days most of my reading is done online. I've read all my mail and have been reading blogs while chatting to friends on Skype, listening to Christmas podcasts, and surfing around...

Armed with a full pot of Starbucks Sumatra Extra Bold freshly ground and brewed coffee, I'm here savoring the quiet in the house... Al ran out to his parents for a coffee and cigar, Kelsea took off to Johnnie's and Jake is downstairs playing his Playstation 2 college football franchise. I've got the tree on and candles lit, and if it wasn't so sunny out today it would be very Christmasy...

As most know, I politely decline all invitations on Christmas Day (we've seen everyone by Christmas Eve already) and I make a ham for my family and my dad and I lounge all day. Christmas is one of the few days that I actually do that... and once I update my site (Pats win AFC East Championship yesterday!), cook and clean up, then I'll probably grab a book and hit the couch for awhile while multi-tasking and watching some football...

Soon the house will be filled with the smells of good food, the sounds of family, and good feelings of love and contentment... I'm a very lucky girl who has a wonderful family, good health, a great job, terrific friends, and an all around GREAT life! May you all be blessed with the same...

Merry Christmas Everyone :-)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home