Sunday, December 24, 2006

No More Shopping!


I made it... it's Christmas Eve early morn and I managed to get all the shopping done at last.. The sun has just come up and the house is quiet as everyone is asleep. I'm the first one up as usual and my body is still on work mode so I was ready to get up at 6:00 but stayed in bed awhile before finally getting up. The past couple of days have been hectic.. filled with shopping and prep. I'm glad that I can say that it's behind me.


Friday night, we had Al's department Christmas Party and headed to my brother's house to celebrate Christmas with my family yesterday. Had a nice long chat with mom on the phone during the day and shared a lot of laughs. I miss her and send my Christmas vibe of love cross country to her on this day... Today brings Patriots football in the afternoon then heading to Erik's for Christmas for Al's side. Tomorrow is a quiet day... my favorite day of the year... pajamas and coffee all day for me :-) I'll make a ham for my little family and my Dad but I've politely declined all invitations for that day as I look forward to a day of lounging, reading and relaxing.


Next week, although I don't have to work, I've got a lot on my list... tons of things that I've been meaning to do but just haven't had the time. At least it'll be like a mini-summer schedule for me minus the training camp. I'm sure the week will fly by but I'm determined to start right in on my list first thing in the morning but will schedule in some down time... I'm getting to the point where I need it. Time to give the body and mind a bit of a rest.


The fire is blaring and the coffee has brewed so I'm off to start my list beginning with reading email and Google Reader posts... I'll update the website, then, I've got some pictures to scan and some Flickr posting to do.. Of course, I'll be throwing in some laundry and doing some cleaning around here as well.. but that goes without saying.


I'm going to end now because I do savor those early mornings when the house is quiet, everyone is in bed, and I've got a steaming mug of java calling my name.


Merry Christmas!


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home