Saturday, January 13, 2007

Long Weekend.. ahhhh!!

It's been quite a week! Haven't had a chance to blog at all (or even read others') because I've been over my head busy. Coming home from the Pats/Jets game (Yeah Pats!) last Sunday night, I got a call that my dad had been hurt and was in the hospital. Life this week hasn't been the same! He's home and ok but I spent quite a bit of time making sure that he had everything that he needed and running back and forth to his apartment before and after work each day. I'm glad that I live so close and I was available to him... and that my schedule at work is flexible enough that I could sneak out on my free periods to do what I needed to do. Nice to see him today almost completely back to his old self :-)

So, I must say, I've been looking forward to this weekend for about a month. It's the first weekend that I didn't have things scheduled on my calender for the entire weekend. I'm smiling right now because I was able to finally take my tree down and put my decorations away and cleaned quite a bit today. (Silly me... things like a clean house are enough to make my day...hehe!) Tomorrow, we could have headed up to Zip's for the game but have decided to watch from home and make a New England Clam Boil instead. I so need a day at home on the couch to just watch and enjoy while still being able to get things done around here.

Monday is completely dedicated to working on that assessment project that I should have done during Christmas vacation but got sidetracked by my toothache. I also have an IEP to do as well so I already informed Al to pretend that I'm not even home... Monday is my work from home day! Times like this I wish I had an office... heck.. I always wish I had an office so that I could podcast whenever I want to without having to plan it just right when the house is empty.
Anyway, I'm thankful that my schedule worked out so well, and that the long weekend came at just the right time.

Ok... time to get to some more things on my list and cross them off!

Doing the happy dance....

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home