Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas

Christmas morning... the kids are still sleeping and Al is at work. I've got the tree lit, music on and a candle burning. I'm here enjoying a nice cup of coffee reading my email. Perfect morning if you ask me...

This has been one of the best Christmases in years and most especially because the lead up to it was less stressful than in the past. We finally downsized in terms of just picking a name on Al's side which made my shopping and prep a breeze. We headed to church for 5:30 then we all went to Erik's last night and had a great time.

When we got home, the kids opened their presents than Al and I headed down to watch a movie and share a bottle of wine. Flipping through the channels found one of our favorites: The Phantom of the Opera.

Today, I'm heading out to pick up Johnnie then making a ham for lunch. Al will come home to eat and Dad will be here. Nice and low key...love it!

I'm truly blessed in all that I have, and the fact that we didn't add much "stuff" to our lives this Christmas makes me so happy. I need to cut down on the clutter in my life, not add to it. Sharing the holiday with my family is all that I need :-)

God Bless and Merry Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home